Year of month-on-month passenger growth recorded.
Birmingham Airport is celebrating another successful month with February passenger figures showing a strong 15% year-on-year growth, giving the airport twelve months of consecutive record breaking results.
A total of 724,760 passengers travelled through the airport last month, over 94,000 more than the same month the previous year.
Paul Kehoe, Chief Executive Officer at Birmingham Airport, said: “It’s great to see our record breaking months continue, a whole year of outstanding passenger figures is something that will go down in the airport’s history.
“The next few weeks will see a rapid expansion to the selection of airlines flying from Birmingham Airport as we introduce Qatar, CSA, Iberia and Blue Air as well as the magnificent Emirates Airbus A380 aircraft. These new airlines, along with increasing frequencies from our established carriers, will attract a lot more people to our airport and so we expect our passenger figures to remain strong going forward.”
Scheduled traffic in February accounted for almost 90% of the total with charter passengers making up the remaining 10%.
Scheduled traffic overall grew by a healthy 17.5% and charter traffic experienced a 1.4% drop in passenger numbers compared to the same month last year.