The fête will be opened by newly appointed Government Chief Whip Andrew Mitchell, MP for Sutton Coldfield.
Proceedings begin at 11am on Saturday 15 September in and around the Hospital’s Treatment Centre – there’ll be something for every Suttonian to enjoy.
The fête will include:
- Free of charge parking and entry.
- Departmental tours of maternity, theatres, radiology and cardiology.
- Free health information and health awareness stands.
- Kids’ activities –face painting, bouncy castle, assault course, games galore and little ones be sure to bring your teddy bears to the teddy bears’ hospital.
- Dog show with over 20 categories available to enter.
- Arts, crafts and home made goods stalls
- Homemade cakes, refreshments and bring your cakes for the cake competition.
- Live music including the Sutton Coldfield Chamber Choir.
- Raffles, competitions and prizes.
- Free Hospital ‘Come Dine with me’ experience.
And much more!
Susan Moore, Good Hope Managing Director, said: “We are proud and excited to host our very first community fête. As a hospital based in the heart of Sutton Coldfield, we felt that it was important to open our doors to the community so they can find out a little more about what we do. We have also had the opportunity to build and strengthen our relationships with local people, businesses and at the same time, to fundraise for our Hospital’s charity.
“The local response to the fête has been fantastic and I would encourage everyone to come along whether they have a particular interest in health or not. There really is something for everyone to enjoy and with having the fête both indoors and outdoors we are good to go in any weather.”
Visitors’ car parking will be free of charge and via the Bedford Road entrance.