The University of Birmingham is hosting an open debate at 11am on Friday 13 July.
The debate will centre on the participatory legacy of London 2012 as well as looking forward to the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
Panel members include:
- The Rt Hon Richard Caborn, former Sports Minister
- Louise Martin CBE, Chair of Sport Scotland
- Lisa O’Keefe, Director of Sport for Sport England
- Sir Craig Reedie CBE, International Olympic Committee
- Sir John Armitt, Chair of the Olympic Delivery Authority
This event will also mark the launch of the new School of Sport and Exercise Sciences which brings together the existing school and the University’s Department of Sport Pedagogy. Building on existing strengths, the integrated school will develop and apply knowledge in the sciences of sport, exercise, health and rehabilitation. The mission of the School is to facilitate sport performance and inform appropriate forms of physical activity for health and well-being for all stages of life.
To join this debate, please RSVP to Guvinder Kaur-Rajania at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0121 414 8227
This is a public debate and all are welcome.
Location: Bramall Music Building, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B15 2TT
Friday 13 July 2012, 11am – 1pm