A team of eight motorcyclists from road safety charity, the IAM (Institute of Advanced Motorists) will embark on their journey on Monday 18 June to ride around Britain to raise awareness of road safety and money for the Association for Air Ambulances.
The eight riders will arrive at Bassetts Pole on Tuesday 19 June to celebrate all things biking and day two of their week-long tour. The ride is to raise awareness of road safety and money for charity.
The eight riders’ arrival at Bassetts Pole coincides with the Tuesday biker meet and is one of the biggest meets in the Midlands. Shropshire Road Safety team will be in attendance along with IAM local groups.
Over the week-long tour, they will be visiting Christchurch, Bournemouth, Birmingham, Newcastle, Glasgow, Belfast and finishing at Bike Fest in Shrewsbury.
IAM chief executive Simon Best said: “The meet at Bassetts Pole is the second leg of the ride around the British Isles tour. If you live in the Midlands, pop down and join our eight riders for a great chance to attend the Midlands’ biggest biker meet.”
Donate to the Association of Air Ambulances.
Find out more about the Around British Isles Bike Ride.
Sign up for the world record attempt.
- Events taking place during the IAM Around British Isles Bike Ride
|Monday 18 June
8:30 meet up
9:30 ride commences
|Set off||Ace Cafe London|
|Monday 18 June
|Bournemouth IAM group event||Cobham Sports & Social Club, Merley Park Road, Wimborne, Dorset|
|Tuesday 19 June
|Bassetts Pole bike night||Bassetts Pole Sutton Coldfield
|Friday 22 June
16:30 registration comments
19:00 world record attempt begins
|IAM Titanic World Record Challenge
|Sunday 24 June||Bike Fest, Shrewsbury||Meole Brace park and ride, Meole Brace, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY3 9NB|
- Follow on Twitter @IAMgroup
- The Association of Air Ambulances is the representative body for all the life-saving Air Ambulances services in the UK.
- The IAM has launched a new website, for biking advice and tips, bikingadvice.org.uk, with traffic updates, touring advice by country and all you need to know about events and local groups. Tips cover riding with pillions, in groups and night riding. There’s also a videos page and you can upload your touring photos and stories – get involved at www.betterbiking.org.uk.
- The IAM is the UK’s largest independent road safety charity, dedicated to improving standards and safety in driving, motorcycling and cycling. The commercial division of the IAM operates through its occupational driver training company IAM Drive & Survive. The IAM has more than 200 local volunteer groups and over 100,000 members in the UK and Ireland. It is best known for the advanced driving test and the advanced driving, motorcycling and cycling courses. Its policy and research division offers advice and expertise on road safety.