Community group launches training schemes to boost employment chances.
With thousands of people suffering job losses or redundancy due to the Coronavirus pandemic Witton Lodge Community Association is working to redress the balance with two brand new accredited training courses which boosts a candidates’ employability.
Delivered remotely, the courses, funded by West Midlands Combined Authority, seek to provide Erdington and North Birmingham job seekers with the tools required to succeed in Customer Service and Engineering & Manufacturing.
As a qualification, the objectives of the Customer Service Level 2 course is to help learners develop the key skills and essential knowledge needed to carry out customer service tasks; including how to manage information and supporting events.
Meanwhile the Future in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering programme provides industry specific training, employability and mentoring support.
“These are both very worthwhile qualifications which can be used to pursue employment opportunities across a wide variety of different sectors,” said Employment Coach, Dellano Lewis.
The six-week long Customer Service course will engage candidates on a number of topics including:
• Understanding customer service
• How legal and ethical requirements relate to customer service
• How to deliver effective customer service
• The management of customer service information
• Customer service delivery
• The relationship between customer service and a brand
The Engineering & Manufacturing Level 2 qualification will cover the following:
– Understanding employment responsibilities and rights
– Health and safety for manufacturing engineers
– Communicating effectively in manufacturing engineering workplaces
– Working effectively in manufacturing engineering
– Working relationships in manufacturing engineering
An information session giving insight to the engineering and manufacturing training takes place on Wednesday 13th January from 11-11.45am.
If you are interested in attending either course or taking part in the information session call Dellano on 07539 206727 or 0121 382 1930.