A Birmingham charity that provides donkey riding therapy for children with special needs and disabilities is calling on the public to adopt a donkey this Valentine’s Day to help raise vital funds for its cause.
The Sutton Park centre is one of six located around the UK run by The Elisabeth Svendsen Trust for Children and Donkeys charity (EST), which provides riding therapy to over 1,000 children from locals schools and hospices every week.
Manager Sue Brennan, says: “Our four adoption donkeys, Charlie, Oscar, Donk Dean and Moses are absolutely adorable and an adoption pack makes the perfect gift for your loved one. You can make the gift even more special by choosing to include a brand new DVD of our adoption donkeys which gives an insight into the donkey’s personalities and what they get up to here at EST Birmingham. Our adorable donkeys are guaranteed to make the heart melt; and as our charity relies entirely on donations, the gift you choose will have great meaning as it enables us to bring children with special needs in contact with donkeys to have fun and to gain from the therapeutic benefits from riding, such as improved motor skills, hand and eye co-ordination and body posture. The work we do makes a huge difference to these children and their families from all over the city.”
About ‘Adopt a Donkey’
- You can choose to adopt Oscar, Moses, Charlie or Donk Dean from the Birmingham centre
- The £16 adoption pack includes a folder, certificate, details of the adopted donkey, a colour picture and features an update letter after six months
- You can add a cuddly donkey to your adoption pack for an additional £4.00
- For an additional £5.00, you can purchase a DVD featuring all four EST Birmingham donkeys
- A personal message can be included in your ‘Adopt a Donkey’ gift
- To adopt in time for Valentine’s Day, adopt online at: www.adoptadonkey.org.uk or contact the centre on 0121 354 9444
Each centre must find approximately £250,000 in annual running costs and it’s ‘Adopt a Donkey’ scheme contributes significantly to the charity’s overall income. This appeal will suit anyone looking to buy a conscientious gift for their loved one on Valentine’s Day and costs £16 for a 12-month subscription.
For further information about the Elisabeth Svendsen Trust for Children and Donkeys and its adopt a donkey scheme, visit www.elisabethsvendsentrust.org.uk