Coventry University’s Degree Show 2011 is set to exhibit the original work of the UK’s next generation of creative talent from Saturday 4th June until Wednesday 8th June.
Final-year students from a wide range of courses within the School of Art and Design – from Automotive Design and Fashion, to Media Production and the Visual Arts – will be showcasing their degree projects to the public at various locations across the city centre campus.
Everything from the latest low emission vehicle and mobility aid concepts to short films and documentaries will be on show, alongside the photography students’ gallery and, later, a dedicated fashion show at Coventry Airport.
Each student’s project will be on display for visitors to see and experience, taking a variety of forms such as original artwork and graphics, multimedia and digital presentations, photography, craft works and scale-size clay models.
The dates and locations of each exhibition are as follows:
- Industrial Design Exhibition
- June 4th-8th, 10am-5pm, Maurice Foss Building, Cox Street.
- Featuring projects from students of Industrial Design, Automotive and Transport Design, and Product Design.
- Media and Communication Exhibition
- Media Production – June 4th, 10am-5pm, Graham Sutherland Building, Gosford Street.
- Photography – “PhoSyn” – from now until June 8th, 10am-4pm, Lanchester Gallery, Graham Sutherland Building, Gosford Street.
- Design and Visual Arts Exhibition
- June 4th-8th, 10am-5pm, Graham Sutherland Building, Gosford Street.
- Featuring projects from students of Graphic Design, Illustration & Graphics, Illustration & Animation, Fine Art, Fine Art & Illustration, and some standing displays from Fashion students ahead of the main Fashion Show at Coventry Airport.
- Fashion Show
- Sunday 12th June, Coventry Airport, as part of the “Come Fly With Us” vintage Jaguar event.
The multifaceted exhibition not only highlights how the current crop of young creative talent is helping to sustain the UK’s rich and diverse artistic reputation, but also signals the positive impact they will have on the country’s economy in areas such as manufacturing, healthcare and environmental sustainability.
Professor Martin Woolley, Associate Dean of the Coventry School of Art and Design, said, “Each and every year the Degree Show gives our students an exciting opportunity to shine in the public spotlight, and the 2011 event offers as broad and as rich a spectrum of creative talent as I’ve seen.
“And at a time of financial stringencies, this year’s show is a timely reminder of the potential economic, social and cultural contribution that graduates can make to the creative industries, the arts and wider society. We hope you will join them and us to witness how this future generation is already making its mark.”
For more information on the Coventry School of Art and Design Degree Show 2011, please visit www.coventry.ac.uk/degreeshow2011