Let the music speak.
The first Wolverhampton Blues, Rhythm and Rock Festival will be taking place at The Slade Rooms on Saturday 27th February 2016.
Headlining will be the legendary Stan Webb’s Chicken Shack headlining, plus five other top class acts; this will most definitely be a festival to remember and one not to miss.
This year’s full line-up comprises:
- Stan Webb’s Chicken Shack – Stan’s blistering guitar style matched with a huge stage presence have made Chicken Shack a firm favourite of rock and blues fans everywhere.
- The Brew – one of the finest, most creative and energetically enthused trios from the UK, that have evolved to become one of Europe’s most prominent rock bands.
- The Rainbreakers – while recalling elements of their predecessors, the band has a clear foothold within the sounds of their own generation and strive to craft a melting pot of musicianship.
- Rebecca Downes – drawing influences from Blues, Soul, Jazz to Rock, her passion for music comes from a deep belief in the power and authenticity of live music and a love for what she does.
- Peoples Republic of Mercia – their high intensity live performances invite comparisons with the sound pioneered by Dr Feelgood, combining classic covers with spikey riff driven numbers.
- Southbound – realising a common bond and the love of the blues and southern rock, influenced by the likes of Clapton, Hendrix, Allman Brothers and Muddy Waters.
With this calibre of artist stepping on stage, festival goers can expect to see top class live performances and hear a range of incredible sounds with sets that incorporate a creative blend of blues, rock and R&B.
Advance Early Bird tickets are £20; to book call 01472 349 222 or go online at www.wolverhamptonbluesfestival.co.uk